Is there anything better than popping your feet up and having a cup of tea? We didn’t think so either. Sunday 15th December is International Tea Day, we all remember our mum saying it’s the perfect tonic to a bad day, to cheer up someone or when you’re feeling just a bit down. Well, there’s some truth in the ‘healing properties’ of tea. With so many different flavours and varieties of tea now to choose from, they all have their own benefits.
- Tea contains lots of antioxidants which help to keep us young and protects us against pollution. White tea is packed with these so a better alternative to black tea.
- Tea has less caffeine than coffee so the side effects on your body are less. Herbal teas are completely void of caffeine.
- Green and Matcha teas are said to be beneficial for your heart.
- Herbal teas such as chamomile, ginger and peppermint can help your tummy when feeling bloated or nauseous.
- Tea is calorie-free! If you take it without milk or sugar it’s the perfect addition to a healthier diet.
So where can you pick up tea on the Isle of Wight from local producers?
A new addition to the already established Island Roasted brand, the team have created blends of tea in premium pyramid bags. There’s a range of black teas, green teas and herbal teas – enjoy!
The Carisbrooke blend has been specifically produced for the Island’s hard waters. They also offer a range of herbal and speciality teas. All that’s left to do is grab a biscuit and relax.