It’s a time to show off your culinary skills with our festive recipes…
Left-over Cheese Soufflé
- 50 g Briddlesford Butter (plus a little extra for greasing)
- 25 g Calbourne Water Mill Plain Flour
- 200 ml Briddlesford Whole Milk
- 150 g Isle of Wight Soft Cheese (cut into chunks)
- 150 g Isle of Wight Gallybagger Cheese (cut into chunks)
- 100 ml Birddlesford Double Cream
- 4 Brownrigg Eggs (separated)
- 1 Pinch Cayenne pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°c. Melt all the butter in a saucepan. Brush a 20cm soufflé dish with a little, then dus with the flour.
- In the saucepan, stir the flour into the rest of the melted butter, then sizzle for one minute. Gradually pour the milk to make a white sauce.
- Add two thirds of the cheese allowing to melt.
- Leave to cool slightly then mix in the remaining cheese, cream and egg yolks.
- Season with cayenne pepper.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks. Fold into the cheese sauce, then carefully tip into the soufflé dish. Bake for 25 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Serve with a seasonal salad.