It’s a time to show off your culinary skills with our festive recipes…
- 900 g Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and crossed)
- 20 g Isle of Wight Butter
- 150 g Rindless Back Bacon (cut into lardons)
- 20 g Flaked Almonds
- 400 ml Isle of Wight Double Cream
- 2 ½ tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 5 ½ tbsp Fresh White Breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper (to season)
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Place butter into a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and almonds and sauté for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the sprouts and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream and bring the mixture to the boil. Boil for 2-4 minutes until the cream has reduced to a thick sauces. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lemon juice and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl then sprinkle evenly over the top of the sprout mixture.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden and the cream visibly boiling.
- Remove and serve straight from the dish.