Vegan Tomato and Rosemary Orzo
If you are trying Veganuary this year then why not give this fresh and warming recipe a whirl.
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 250 g Orzo Pasta
- 200 ml Vegetable stock
- 300 g Isle of Wight Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 400 g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Isle of Wight Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbs Rosemary (fresh chopped or dried)
- Fresh Basil (for seasoning)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic, keep on a low heat, stirring, until the onion is soft.
- Add in the Orzo and halved tomatoes and stir until all the orzo is coated.
- Mix in the tinned tomatoes and the vegetable stock and rosemary and bring to the boil for a few minutes.
- Turn down to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally so it does not stick to the bottom. Once all the liquid has been soaked up the mixture should have a creamy consistency.
- Tear the basil and throw in, stir and let simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve straight in to warm waiting bowls with a generous twist of cracked black pepper.
If your a fan of things a little more spicy then add in a fresh chopped chilli along with the garlic and onion.